Wednesday 24 July 2013

Event Planing - Part 3

I can't make up my mind how many book signings to have in October. At first I thought I do 3, one in each location in Durham Region (Oshawa, Ajax, Pickering). I thought the more places I had it the better chance we'd have at raising money for the Denise House.

But now that I think about it, I was thinking maybe it would just be better to have one big main event at the Oshawa Centre. I'm afraid that people I know will come to the first one (makes sense) and then maybe the others will have a really small turn out which won't attract anyone passing by to come over. Crowds draw people.

Also, if someone from the Denise House is coming to speak (which we are discussing the possibility) then they won't really want to go to all three I shouldn't think.

On other notes, I need to start looking for some stuff I want to have (a big jar for any other donations people may want to leave, a guest book, bookmarks, etc)

I finally got my Event Request form from Chapters/Indigo and have started filling it out. I'm hoping to do it at the beginning of October. I think the 5th. I'm not sure yet what time to do either. How long do these things go on?

No comments:

Post a Comment