Tuesday 31 December 2013

Happy New Year!

I know... I know... it's been forever since I've been on here! As an author, you'd think I be on here writing all the time. But the truth is lately I haven't been motivated to. My hectic life got more hectic.
My beautiful daughter is now 16 months old and getting into everything. She is so adventurous and enjoys testing the limits and exploring. Chasing after her is a full time job and now I'm waddling! I'm 18 weeks pregnant with our second child, and this pregnancy has not been as easy as the last. I've been having lots of pelvic pressure thanks to how low I am caring baby #2. I've got back aches and cramps and I'm not even half way! I felt my cervix before Christmas (because I'm a worrying weirdo) and was afraid I was going into preterm labour... this did not help as it was so soft and I could fit my finger tip in it. Don't worry I won't do it again, we went to the urgent care, because thanks to an ice storm, I couldn't get a hold of my OB or my family dr. They sent me for an emergency ultrasound that was labeled as "possible abortion" on the requisition form. They only place that could get me in on December 23rd was a ultrasound clinic in a strip mall in Whitby. We knew looking at it, it was sketchy but we wanted to make sure our baby was ok. Well despite me telling the technician a few times we did not want to know the sex of the baby when asked... he decided to ruin the surprise by ending the ultrasound with, "By the way it's a boy". Are you kidding me?
When I told Rod what happened, (leaving out the gender), he went back to ask him why he would tell me. And he denied it?! Unbelievable. But by Christmas day, Rod's curiosity got the better of him and told me he did in fact want to know too.
We still don't even know if everything is ok though, I have to wait for the Dr at the urgent care who ordered the ultrasound to call me to get the results, and with the holidays, I've been told it could take a while. In the meantime, I need to try to relax as much as possible and keep my feet up. Whilst chasing my 16 months old! GOOD LUCK!
Anyway, I don't make New Years resolutions because it only lasts for a few days and then are forgotten. But I am hoping to start writing more. I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday, and I wish you all the best for 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment