Monday 25 April 2016

Day 3 POEM: He Doesn't Know

He Doesn't Know
Janel J. Tutak, circa October 2004

Her eyes are blue
Like a cloudy sky
They’re shedding tears
Over a guy

And he’s at home and doesn’t know
How much she loves him so

Her lips are red
Like a bloody heart
They quiver and shake
Cause she’s falling apart

And he’s at home and doesn’t know
That she’s feeling so low

Her skin is pale
Like a milky glass
It’s losing colour
And it’s going fast

And he’s at home and doesn’t know
How much she depends on him to grow

Her voice is weak
And so are her knees
She wants him to love her,
She’s begging him please

But his mind is confused and doesn’t know
Even though he used to love her so

--
This is a poem I found on one of my old sites I had as a teenager. It was specifically for my poetry. The date is was posted there was October 2004 but I can't be absolutely be sure it wasn't something I had already written and then posted. I would have been almost 18 years old at that time, if it was written then. I can't actually remember writing this one or whom it is about. But it's teenage heartbreak one of the best reasons to write a poem?

No comments:

Post a Comment