Friday 29 April 2016

Day 7 POEM: Let Go

Let Go
Janel J. Tutak, April 25 2016

All the hurt I feel inside
Doesn't stop with tears I've cried
This I know because I've tried
But I just can't let it go

Anger builds inside of me
From the actions that I see
Hurtful words will always be
The thing I can't let go

And yet again, still I try
To make the peace, days go by
I find myself asking why
Can't I just let go

Nothing's right that I do
It's exhausting trying to
Find a way to please you
I wish I could let go

The choices that others make
The promises they choose to break
But the path is theirs to take
So I guess I must let go

I've made my choice, you know what?
This is a tie that I must cut
It may be hard to do but
I've got to let you go
--
There is a quote that says "If I cut you out you probably handed me the scissors". And quite honestly it is true. As someone who has done some cutting out of people in her life, I can tell you, there is always a good reason. People are generally speaking who they are and that isn't really going to change.  People can grow yes, evolve even, but deep down their personality, their morals, their values will always be the same. Selfish people will always think of themselves first. Dramatic people will always create drama and play the victim. And good people will always be good. But just because you always take the high road, does not mean you deserve to be trampled on, taken advantage of, or put through the ringer because someone else can't see it, appreciate it or understand what is going on. You can lead a camel to water but you can't make them drink. The choice is theirs. The choice to try to fix problems is a choice. And you don't have to choose to let someone treat you badly because they can't choose to stop behaving the way they do. You deserve better.

No comments:

Post a Comment