Wednesday 4 May 2016

Day 12 POEM: Forever

Forever
Janel J. Tutak, October 27th 2004

i thought you said forever,
you'd love me for forever,
but what happened to forever?
it's shorter than i thought

cuz when you said forever,
i thought you meant forever,
this is not forever,
it ended sooner then it ought

i was looking forward to forever,
i lifetime of forever,
but you cut off my forever,
i wish you had not

--

I have a feeling that I might have been going through a breakup of some sort during this time. That might have something to do with the type of poems that were written at this time. I chose this one because I like poems that are simple and yet powerful. Powerful in the way that the message and emotion is clear. Don't get me wrong, sometimes I like the cleverness of more complex poems that allow is different interpretations of their meaning. But today I was looking for something simpler. It's a busy day and I need all my wits with me. Just tell me how you feel! And I do. Take care!
P.S. May the 4th Be With You!

No comments:

Post a Comment