Sunday 8 May 2016

Day 16 POEM: My First and Only

My First and Only
Janel J. Tutak, May 10 2015


My first hug, my first kiss
The first person I would miss

My first friend, my first love
The first person I'd dream of

The first I heard, the first I'd see
The first person I'd want to be

My first hero, my first knight
The first person I knew was right

My first helper, my first listening ear
The first person I hold dear

My first teacher, my first coach
The first person I could approach

My first everything, my first all
The first person I think to call

These things you were the first one
But you'll always be my only mum

--

In honour of Mother's Day today, it only seemed fitting to share a poem written for my mum last Mother's Day as a gift. I can't actually read this one with out getting teary eyed, and it isn't just because of my overwhelming love and appreciation for my mum, but also being a mum and being on the other side of that. The bond between a mother and child is a most precious and special thing. I am so blessed to have an amazing mother as well as be a mother to my amazing children. Happy Mother's Day to all mothers out there. We love you and appreciate you!

No comments:

Post a Comment