Thursday 12 May 2016

Day 20 POEM: Sailing on Open Love


Sailing on Open Love
Janel J. Tutak, before 2012

he blows warm breath in my sails
soft against them, and we glide across clear water.
i am here by invitation,
sent to me on the cry of a seagull.
when he laughs, the speed picks up
the sun is brighter
and my smile is too.
i am having fun
here on the open sea
while he blows breath into my sails
and a glide in a boat of love.

--

The date of this one is unknown. The document on my computer was dated April 17, 2012. However, there are a few poems with that date, which leads me to believe they were copied from a notebook into my computer. If I had to guess, I'd say it was written for my husband because he loves being on the water, whether or not it was written before he was my husband is a mystery. Yesterday was the 5 year anniversary of the date he proposed to me so when I came across this one in my rereading of my poetry, it seemed like a nice one to share with you today.

1 comment:

  1. Just a reminder you can check out my website at http://www.janeljtutak.com or my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/HoneyImHomeBook/
    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete