Sunday 15 May 2016

Day 23 POEM: Falling

Falling
Janel J. Tutak, March 21, 2005

once again
i've spotted a pretty eyed boy
and i can't resist his warm embrace
he speaks to me, soft words of poetry
flowing off his singing voice
and i'm falling

something in my heart dances to the sound
and i'm so sure it's love
he tells me what i want to hear
as he whispers softly as he kisses my neck
and i'm falling

so i give him what he wants
because i love him today
and he says he loves me too
but he won't hold me close as i cry
and i'm falling

something in my heart weeps to the sound
and i'm alone again
he's pulled away
left me, and i'm so hurt
and i'm falling

once again
he's singing the words of sweet poetic lines
and holding close in a warm embrace
all those thing that he gave to me
he's giving to someone else
and she's falling

--

They say that the English language is one of the hardest languages to learn. One of the reasons being that many words have different means though spelt the same. Falling for instance. In this poem it means falling in love as well as falling down. Ok, I know it's not the same thing as read and read. But you get my point. It's actually one of the reasons I like this poem, because of the different meanings.

No comments:

Post a Comment