Friday 13 May 2016

Day 21 POEM: Tears

Tears
Janel J. Tutak, before 2012 

when sorrow hits the faint at heart
we paint the world with tears.
but to shed a tear is never just,
to the one you're crying for.
not enough.. or way too much..
we can't find a middle


--

Another unknown dated poem saved on my computer on April 17, 2012. 
As an emotional person, I am in the frequent flyers club with tears. I cry when I'm hurt. I cry when I'm angry. I cry when I'm sad. When I'm happy. When I'm scared. When I'm frustrated. I cry when I'm anxious. Lately I feel like I cry all the time. I don't, but it happens. 
And so, I share this poem with you. I know sometimes people say all you need is a good cry, and I suppose that's true. But sometimes crying doesn't do anything but give you a big ol' headache. I mean, I'm not going to stop crying when I feel like it. I'm a big advocate of not keeping your feelings locked up. Sometimes I just wish there was an easy fix for things. Or an easy answer.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment