Thursday 5 May 2016

Day 13 POEM: Your Smile

Your Smile
Janel J. Tutak, November 17, 2004

I’d wait forever just to see you smile
Because your smile lights up my day
Even if it is a rainy one
Your smile is the sun
That dries up all the rain
And it makes me happy
Don’t frown
And don’t be sad
Without your smile
Where would I be?
I’d be
Without my sun.



--
Today is my son's 2nd birthday. I can't tell you the mixed emotions wrapped up in this movement, like his hand used to do with my finger. Obviously this poem was written before I had kids. But it doesn't have to be about the love of a partner. My children are my sun. Without them, I don't know what I would do. And it is true, their smile is a sure way to brighten up my day. A perfect moment, feeling in my life. Even a naughty smile of "haha mum look what I am doing!" makes me smile, even when I should be using my poker face. And now as I go hide in the corner blubbering and sneaking glimpses of my children napping, playing, eating, living... please do the same with yours. Life is precious, they are precious. They are our sunshine. Happy Birthday Henry.

No comments:

Post a Comment